Search This Blog

2.11.2014

Baby it's cold outside


Wow!! It's -8 in Chicago right now and I am counting down the hours till I return to my California.  But a part of me feels bad leaving my clients behind and wishing I could take them all with me to Los Angeles.  What I noticed on this last visit to my Illinois office was how the lack of sun really is so disrupting to ones skin and overall happiness.  Lack of sunshine makes the skin dull, makes your mood blue and makes everything just seem gray.  No one feels motivated to do anything and when it's so cold you almost feel paralyzed from going out and doing normal day to day errands and social events.  It's just too cold and miserable to be out.


So what to do when the cold and the winter blues hit??  LED light therapy and some form of exercise.  The combination of the two will stimulate good mood feelings and release those darn endorphins that we need to get us out of the winter blues and funky mood.  I recommend getting the exercise done first thing in the morning before you leave the house. Get some good VH1 morning tunes playing on the TV for something to watch and make the time pass away.  
 
Try a little ginseng or Rhodiola to help with natural energy booster.  Relora helps with stress and mood enhancer without over stimulating your nervous system.


If you have more questions or would like some more personal tips on lifting your winter blues.  Please email me at infogerigla@gmail.com  Follow me on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment