Search This Blog

11.23.2012

Entertaining Raw Style


 *Whenever I serve food at special events or just for friends, I always have a couple healthy options for my guests to enjoy and feel like they are experiencing food like never before.
 I’m always obsessed with finding new ways to make food more exciting to eat in a raw state.  Recently at a small get together I served some of my all time favorites.
Golden Beet Crackers

Which are:
  • Golden Beets sliced thin
  • Marinated over night in lemon juice 
  •  Topped with beautiful Red Cabbage
  • Cilantro 
  • and Garlic.   
Now how easy is that!!  And if you can't find yellow beets than choose another root and prepare it the same way.  

Your guests will be impressed and they will eat more than just one.  So have a lot on hands for these beautiful skinny appetizers

** I always put name cards next to my dishes describing it.  It cuts down on guests constantly asking me what they are eating before committing to it. (Plus I think it's a nice finishing touch when entertaining guests.  Make them feel like you went to some effort to make it special and out of the ordinary). 

When entertaining and trying to keep it healthy think outside of the box.  Take a traditional appetizer and think of what natural ingredients you can substitute for cooked and or processed ingredients.  Here I replaced crackers or sometimes bread with a hardy root vegetable like beets.  Marinated root vegetables before eating always helps it to stay looking fresh up to the point it is enjoyed.







No comments:

Post a Comment