Search This Blog

2.24.2013

Oscars are here!

Another Sunday another awards night! 

And this is when I run from face to face, spreading beauty in my tracks!


Everything about make-up is important if you don't want to be the main topic on "Fashion Police" come Monday...and well-applied Blush is CRUCIAL.

Placement has got to be precise when it comes to the elusive BLUSH!  Ah!
  The blush blunders I see on the red carpet are sad.....but true. 

     *I personally like to put blush on the skin first before I start the eyes.  I do that because it gives the face instant structure and dictates how to do the rest of the makeup.  


    For day Red Carpet:
I like to do less contour but more highlighting with popping blushing cheeks, and eyes that don't compete with the rest of the face. 
Yes, I use Geri G. Blush on my cheeks AND eyes! 
*A beautiful color like Vanilla Creme over the entire lid with brown eyeliner right next to the lashes.
*Then my Plush Mascara 2-3 layers.
 So stunning....so clean and chic.


For night Red Carpet
*First- I like to do contour and highlighting, then I blend it with the foundation.  
    The technique allows for
more blend-ability and less chance of streaking or nasty zebra stripes on the face!  
*Blush is an accent to the contour and highlight.  The placement needs to be precise to the face shape.  Otherwise, you will look like its all cheek and much too overpowering.  
*The blush is placed gently above and below contoured areas.  Softly using the flat side of the canvas brush to blend the blush into the small area of placement that is correct for your face shape.


VOILA...Red Carpet Ready! 
 Come in and see me for a demo of how to look Naturally Red Carpet Stunning!

1 comment: